council, the governing body of the university, carries ultimate responsibility for the conduct of the university’s affairs but it is supported in this work by a formal system of standing committees. these standing committees report either directly to council, or directly to senate and then on to council. the direct reporting line will be indicated in each committee's terms of reference.
the list and diagram below reflect the standing committees of senate and council as structured in september 2017.
- standing committees of senate
- standing committees of council
- chairs and secretaries of standing committees
- committee servicing guidance and templates
- effectiveness protocol for standing committees of senate and council (pdf)